WDIW: Less Stress

We Deserve it Wednesday: Weekly posts on taking care of you.

Stress is the most common, and most challenging feeling to alleviate. I think we would all be happier having a little less stress in our lives and a little more calm. How on earth do we do that?
stress-management
Source
  1. Locate: Find out where your stress is coming from and write it down. 
  2. Write: Go through each source of stress and think of some ways that might help to alleviate the distress. For example, a co-worker has become very bossy. I can either speak up or focus on the more positive parts of my job. 
  3. Focus: Stress can be habitual unless you redirect your focus to something more positive such as taking a step to relieving your stress. If every night you dread going in to work the next day because of a co-worker then every night you should write in a journal or read to take the focus away from the negative. 
"Nobody said life was easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Some of my favorite ways to de-stress:
  • Bubble Baths
  • Write about my day 
  • List things I am grateful for
  • Yoga
  • Chocolate 
  • Skyping with my sisters
  • Taking a walk with a friend

What's stressing you out right now? What are you going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment