Safe Blogging?

We still need to be very cautious on the internet and unfortunately I think this will always be the case. I am constantly teaching my students internet safety and I think there are similar rules for adults as well. If you are toying with the idea of creating a blog but are not sure how much information is too much on the internet this post is for you.
  • Create a separate e-mail address for your blog. To make it easy, direct all e-mail to your main account so that you don't have make the extra effort of remembering to check it. 
  • Have an alter-ego:  I do think having your first and last name out there is or can be safe but I personally chose not to. 
  • Keep your home address private. If you wish to receive or send mail consider a P.O Box.
  • Use PayPal or Send Checks to a P.O. Box to direct blogging income. 
  • Be Diligent About Checking Copyrights: If you use graphics, frames, backgrounds, or special fonts be sure to double check the source's copyright information. You can also create your own graphics to avoid the hassle!
Any other ideas? How do you stay safe on the internet?


No comments:

Post a Comment